Sunday School is for students ages 3 through 6th graders
2020-2021 At-Home Sunday School
Due to the pandemic, the Christian Education Committee has decided we will not be meeting in person for Sunday School for at least the start of the 2020-2021 school year. However, even though we can’t be together in person, we still have a great way to help your family learn about Jesus and grow in faith with at-home Sunday School packets!
Each month, we’ll have a lesson packet for you with supplies and instructions for the month’s lessons. Christin will also be making online videos to watch on the church website and the “St. Peter Lutheran Church Children and Youth” group on Facebook. The videos will provide an introduction and teaching reflection on the Bible stories, which can then be supplemented with the fun and easy hands-on activities provided in the packet.
We hope that these packets will help empower and equip you as parents and grandparents to take an active role in the faith formation of your children, while also giving you the flexibility to participate in the activities as much or as little as you want and whenever it works best in your family’s schedule!
What Sunday School Is:
• An important time for age-appropriate faith development.
• A way to make great friends at church
• Time for learning about the Bible and about God's love
• Lots of fun!
What Sunday School Is Not:
• A replacement for faith development at home - Parents, you are the most important influence on your children's faith!
• An alternative to worship - We hope everyone involved in Sunday School is also present in worship!
Sunday School Notes
• If the weather is bad, see the church Facebook page, this website, or local news media to find out if Sunday School is cancelled. As a general rule, if the school district cancels, we cancel as well.
• Everyone attending Sunday School should have a permission / medical release form on file at church. Here's the file if you need it:
Sunday School & Youth Medical Permission Release 2019-2020.pdf